Monday, February 26, 2007

Tech Checkpoint 1 (Eric Hartzog)

So far I've done some more specific background reading on BitTorrent and I plan to consolidate the information which pertains to our discussion. I plan to find online, as well as test my own cases, of download speeds of different download mechanics, at this point BitTorrent vs traditional server-client structure.

I plan to focus my research more on performance, as well as the demand an increase in BitTorrent usage places on networks and personal computers and if those systems will be able to handle those loads.


At this point I don't believe the issues of maintaining and installing software, as well as different operating systems, will be a major issue in the discussion, as the question is primarily about the content distribution system used.

No comments: